The ELECTRONICS group is involved in the technical development of ground-based and space-borne facilities for the research in astrophysics. Our main contributions concern the fields of radioastronomy and solar system exploration:
- spectrometer of the HIFI instrument mounted on the Herschel satellite of the ESA,
- digitization and correlator systems of the ALMA interferometer,
- ChemCam instrument mounted on the Mars exploration rover Curiosity of the NASA,
- Wisdom ground-penetrating radar for ESA Exomars mission,
- SuperCam instrument for the NASA Mars 2020 mission,
- digitization system for the giant radio telescope SKA.
These programs are supported by major national or supranational bodies (CNES, ESA, NASA, ESO, etc.) and are often conducted in the frame of national collaborations (IRAM, IRAP, LESIA, LATMOS, station de radioastronomie de Nançay, etc.) or international collaborations (ASTRON, LANL, NRAO, etc.).
The team welcomes students from various courses (BTS, IUT, LMD, engineering school, doctoral student) throughout the year to contribute to the design, testing and validation activities. The team also contributes to teaching tasks in IUT and engineering school.
The projects in which the team was involved in are detailed below:
|2016||M. D. Deleuze, P. B. Bernardi, Ph. Cais, R. P. Perez, J. M. R. Rees, et al.. SuperCam_MastUnit. 3rd International Workshop on Instrumentation for Planetary Mission, held 24-27 October, 2016 in Pasadena, California. LPI Contribution No. 1980, id.4009, Oct 2016, Pasadena, United States. ⟨hal-01400648⟩||Link|
|2016||M. Feroci, E. Bozzo, S. Brandt, M. Hernanz, M. van der Klis, et al.. The LOFT mission concept: a status update. 2016SPIE.9905E.1RF - Proceedings of the SPIE, Space Telescopes and Instrumentation 2016: Ultraviolet to Gamma Ray - Volume 9905, id. 99051R 20 pp. (2016), held 30-06 au 01-07-2016 in Edimbourg - Ecosse, Jun 2016, Edinburgh, United Kingdom. ⟨10.1117/12.2233161⟩. ⟨hal-01400682⟩||Link|
|2016||Gie Han Tan, Robert Lehmensiek, Bhushan Billade, Krzysztof Caputa, S. Gauffre, et al.. An innovative, highly sensitive receiver system for the Square Kilometre Array Mid Radio Telescope. 2016SPIE.9906E.60T - Proceedings of the SPIE, Ground-based and Airborne Telescopes VI, Volume 9906, id. 990660 20 pp. (2016), held 26-06 au 01-07-2016 in Edinburgh, United Kingdom, Jun 2016, Edinburgh, United Kingdom. ⟨10.1117/12.2230897⟩. ⟨hal-01401277⟩||Link|
|2016||Roger C. Wiens, Sylvestre Maurice, K. Mccabe, Ph. Cais, Ryan B. Anderson, et al.. The SuperCam Remote Sensing Instrument Suite for Mars 2020. 47th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, Mar 2016, The Woodlands, TX, United States. pp.1322. ⟨insu-01285184⟩||Link|
Our expertise spans a wide range of the electronic domain, including hardware, firmware and softawre:
- design of microwave circuits in planar technology up to 20 GHz,
- design of mixed analog and digital ASIC,
- design of high-density electronic cards (electromagnetic simulation, schematic and routing),
- test-bench development for ASIC or commercial components evaluation/characterization,
- FPGA and microcontroller programming,
- embedded system design,
- mathematical modeling for digital signal processing (DSP),
- graphical user interface (GUI) and firmware/software design for control-monitoring or DSP.